Unleash the versatility of the Fat Bike and ride where you've never ridden before. Built for the softer terrains of sand and snow, you'll find these bikes comfortable no matter what you find yourself getting into. Roots, rocks, whatever, where ever, whenever, rent a fat bike and know no boundaries.
- We recommend timing your ride to start between 2 hours after high tide and 2 hours before low tide to maximize your ride time.
- Any tide higher than 18 feet you run the risk of getting cut off.
- Any tide higher than 20 feet and you'll be knee deep in water against the bluff face. Aim to be off the beach 2 hours before these highs.
- A 15 foot high tide is safe, you may end up hiking your bike, but you won't get stranded or wet.
- There are some small creek crossings along the way. Your feet may get wet. Be prepared. Bring layers, food, water, etc.
If you're looking to put in some miles and explore the Homer area beyond the paved roads, consider renting a mountain bike. In Alaska, even our paved surfaces can be pretty rugged, and the Specialized Pitch with it's 27" wheels and suspension fork smooth the ride so you can go further. 24-spd entry level mountain bike with disc brakes. Equipped with a rear rack for your cargo.
Keep it casual and enjoy the view while riding along our scenic bike paths. This is the perfect bike for exploring all the shops and art galleries on the Homer Spit and in Downtown Homer. Great food and great drink are all within reach on these 7 speed or 3 speed cruisers.
There's no need to leave the kids at camp! With our selection of kids bikes and equipment you can bring the whole family! Specialized Hotrock kids mountain bikes are reliable and capable with 7spds or 21spds so your kiddo can keep up!
$29 full day
TRAILERS, BAGS, AUTO RACKS
We've got gear aplenty to outfit your Alaska cycling adventure.
Trailers for kids, trailers for cargo, tag-a-longs, bike-packing bags,
auto racks, and more.
$15 trailers/day $5 per bag/day $15 auto rack/day