FAT BIKE BEACH TOURS
- Book your tour well in advance to ensure the availability of a guide.
- Check the calendar on the right for pre-booked tours you can join.
- Before booking your tour, check the tides for the day you wish to book.
- Ideally, tours begin 2 hours before the low tide or 3 hours after the high tide.
- You can check tides on the NOAA website here.
- There are a few small stream crossings on most routes, so be prepared for potentially wet feet; bring a spare pair of wool socks.
- Tours go on, rain or shine. We have some gear to outfit you with, but it's assumed you'll have rain gear with you. It's coastal Alaska and rain is inevitable, bring appropriate layers.
- Your guide will have mid-ride snacks and extra water, however, it is up to each tour participant to bring adequate food and water for the duration of the trip.
ANCHOR POINT to HOMER
5-7 hours / 16 miles / Moderately Difficult ¤¤¤••
$175 per person* / 2 person minimum
This is our most popular tour. From Anchor Point, grand views begin right out of the parking lot with volcanoes, Augustine, Illiamna, and Redoubt towering over Cook Inlet and their flanking Chigmit Mountains. At the median tide line we have smooth, fast beach scattered with boulders to weave around. As we turn the corner of Anchor Point, the Kenai Mountains come into view and steep, high bluffs corral us along the beach towards the head of Kachemak Bay. Birds of many varieties, otters, and seals can be seen along the way.
*Cost includes guide, fat bike rental, shuttle and some snacks.
Gratuity and tax are not included in the price.